At a glance
At Quest, phlebotomists apply their expertise and our cutting-edge technology to deliver quality patient care in a safe and supportive environment. No matter your level or experience, every day is a chance to grow, contribute, and learn–all while carrying out meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our business. Here, you can begin a life-long career for an organization that spans across the nation. It really is a chance to collaborate with passionate, smart team members and blaze a career trail that reflects your unique abilities.
“The people that I work with is what keeps me here. We all work together as a team, and you don’t find that at most places. Also, helping people is what keeps me here because we have a big impact on their health.”- Jamie Moniello, Phlebotomist, Float
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
At Quest, we understand our combined ideas and passions are keys to our success–and to promoting a healthier world. That’s why we prioritize collaboration and professional development, so we can grow and succeed collectively and as individuals. From applying your existing skills and developing new ones to on-the-job training, mentorship, and the guidance you need to thrive at the forefront of the healthcare industry, it’s no wonder phlebotomists have long-term, rewarding career paths here. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Patient Services Representative Patient Services Representative
- Sr. Patient Services Representative Sr. Patient Services Representative
- Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer
- Patient Services Supervisor Patient Services Supervisor
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR I draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR I has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR I will demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to work in a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house call environment, or as business needs dictate.
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems or directory of services.
- Responsible for completing all data entry requirements accurately including data entry of patient registration; entry of test order from requisition or pulling order from database; managing Standing Orders.
- Enter billing information and collect payments when required, including the safeguarding of assets and credit card information.
- Data entry and processing specimens including labeling, centrifuging, splitting, and freezing specimens as required by test order.
- Perform departmental-related clerical duties when assigned such as data entry, inventory, stock supplies, and answer phones when needed.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile Policies and Procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual); and ensure that all staff members follow instructions.
- Perform verification of patient demographic info/initials including patient signature post-venipuncture to verify tubes were labeled in their presence and that the name on the label is correct.
- Assist with compilation and submission of monthly statistics and data.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete training courses and keep up-to-date with the latest phlebotomy techniques.
- Travel to Territory Manager meeting if held off-site or off normal shift.
- Participate on special projects and teams.
- Stay up-to-date on company communications.
Required Work Experience:
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
Preferred Work Experience:
- One year phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally and objects in the weight range of 26 to 40 pounds are seldom lifted and carried. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time; requires long hours of eye and hand coordination.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with dominant hand frequently to constantly throughout the day.
- Position may require travel.
- Extensive use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Committed to all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures including company dress code, Employee Health & Safety, and Quest Diagnostics Everyday Excellence Guiding Principles.
- Ability to provide quality, error free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal on-site supervision.
- Excellent phlebotomy skills to include pediatric and geriatric.
- Must demonstrate superior customer focus; ability to communicate openly and transparently with peers, supervisors and patients; ability to accelerate and embrace change throughout Quest; and knowledge of our business.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training
Phlebotomy certification (required in certain states, e.g. California, Nevada, Washington and Louisiana)
We’ve built a welcoming, inclusive workplace where people are inspired to learn, develop, and progress in their careers. There’s stability, so you can explore many career paths in one field. There’s flexibility, helping you to build a fulfilling life and rewarding career. There’s training and development to align your work with your business success. No wonder there’s more to discover at Quest.Learn more
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
- Lab Assistant - Histology - On Call Pompano Beach, Florida 05/29/2023
- Phlebotomist II (Part-Time) Leander, Texas 05/29/2023
- Phlebotomist I Bellaire, Texas 05/29/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.