Sign Out Director, Molecular Genetics, Remote
Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Sign Out Director, Molecular Genetics, remote, the role:
The Sign Out Director, Molecular Genetics, reports to the licensed Medical or Scientific Director or Chief Director and is responsible for providing technical interpretation of results and signing reports; implementing new assays, assay troubleshooting, acting as a technical consultant to operations staff and participation in QA responsibilities, and reviewing SOPs. Assumes Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director.
This professional will can work in a Hybrid capacity. The professional must be located in the US.
- Review and release Next Generation Sequencing results (NGS)
- Assist in assay trouble-shooting and implementation of new assays
- Monitor compliance in regards to a safe working environment.
- Assist, as needed, in the training of technologists.
- Observe compliance with regulatory agencies, including inspections.
- Monitor of quality assurance at all levels of practice.
- Participate in working groups of related or associated professionals.
- Represent Quest Diagnostics at professional meetings and sales events
- Assume Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities in Specialty as delegated by the Laboratory Director Responsibilities Policy:
- Approve of the test method selection and validation.
- Ensure that the proficiency testing program is conducted in a timely manner, reviewed by appropriate staff, and approve of corrective action when a proficiency testing result is found to be unsatisfactory.
- Establish and monitor quality control to ensure that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained for each test system. Ensure that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
- Approve all corrective action and preventative action plans and procedure.
- Approve Job Assignments and Authorization Matrix (JAAM) and annual Performance and Development Review (PDR) to ensure that all personnel have the appropriate training and demonstrated performance for the type of testing offered.
- Annually review Standard Operating Procedures for test systems.
- Board eligibility in the appropriate genetic subspeciality by the American Board of Medical Genetics
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.