Specialty Diagnostics Account Executive
Wood Dale, Illinois
At a glance
There are Sales roles. And then there are Sales roles with Quest. After all, this is a place where your sales skills will help make a difference to healthcare for millions. Working to grow and maintain our business with new and existing customers across General Diagnostics and a variety of specialty areas from Oncology to Women’s Health and Cardiology, your talents will make more impact. And, no matter what you’re working on, your professional development will benefit. With countless opportunities to reach your future career goals through mentorship, team collaboration, and in-depth training, we’ll help you find success at Quest.
“Being a Quest Account Executive, being able to sell those tests that are underutilized, but then eventually benefit the practice and benefit those patients, is always a great way to end your day, knowing that you’ve helped other people and you’ve helped your community.”- Christopher D’Andrade, Women’s Health Account Executive
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
As part of our supportive and collaborative team, you will be inspired to develop and achieve your career aspirations. From comprehensive learning opportunities to skill-building activities, we invest in you–personally and professionally. And as a sales professional, there’s no one-size-fits all approach to success–you can forge a rewarding career path in several different ways. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Internal Account Management >Internal Account Management
- View Sales Account Executive Sales Account Executive
- Specialty Sales Specialty Sales
- Sales Leadership Sales Leadership
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
We Provide Solutions. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Sales, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Sales Teams are often the public face of our organization. As a result, we make every effort to support and develop their skills. Working across a strong customer base, you’ll find you have the flexibility and autonomy to structure your days while having the confidence that comes from promoting a well-recognized and trusted brand. With lots of opportunities for repeat business and referrals, we also offer outstanding support, plus great pay and benefits.
The Specialty Diagnostics Account Executive is responsible for business development activities leading to acquiring new clients and growing the revenue from providers in assigned, multiple specialties (e.g.: Infectious Disease/Immunology, TB testing and Drug Monitoring). May also assign to emerging opportunities for other diagnostic tests, initiatives, or specialty lines.
This is a field-based sales role covering the West suburbs of Chicago, statewide Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Conduct market research on client prospects in the assigned specialties.
- Acquire information from Physician Account Executives on specialty opportunities.
- Develop a pipeline of prospects, expected closing month and approximate annual revenue.
- Conduct business development activities to arrange appointments for sales presentations with decision makers.
- Present value proposition to prospects.
- Obtain pricing and special services.
- Complete contracting process.
- Initiate client set-up and onboarding.
- Qualify leads from Internal Account Managers and follow up.
- Partner with regional Marketing on trends and insights in the specialty space.
- Facilitate problem resolution on behalf of clients.
- Update client and prospect notes in SFDC.
- Educate other sales reps on opportunities within specialty accounts.
- Hunter mentality a must
Required Work Experience:
- Three years sales experience in diagnostic sales and servicing
Preferred Work Experience:
- Five years diagnostic sales experience in general and specialty fields
- Clinical knowledge of assigned specialties; understanding of sales processes, account management and sales productivity and marketing tools (e.g.: SFDC)
- Capabilities to prospect, strategize and close new business opportunities. Communication and presentation skills.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Virtual work options
Quest Virtual Model allows eligible Quest employees to work either a hybrid schedule (two to three days from home per workweek), a near-site schedule (primarily from home with occasional work in a Quest office), or fully remote. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis with the employee’s manager and HR Business Partner.
Sales incentive plan
Uncapped incentive and 9-month new hire tiered incentive guarantee. Incentive is paid out quarterly.
Comprehensive sales training program and educational assistance offerings.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.