Phlebotomist III Float
At a glance
At Quest, phlebotomists apply their expertise and our cutting-edge technology to deliver quality patient care in a safe and supportive environment. No matter your level or experience, every day is a chance to grow, contribute, and learn–all while carrying out meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our business. Here, you can begin a life-long career for an organization that spans across the nation. It really is a chance to collaborate with passionate, smart team members and blaze a career trail that reflects your unique abilities.
“The people that I work with is what keeps me here. We all work together as a team, and you don’t find that at most places. Also, helping people is what keeps me here because we have a big impact on their health.”- Jamie Moniello, Phlebotomist, Float
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
At Quest, we understand our combined ideas and passions are keys to our success–and to promoting a healthier world. That’s why we prioritize collaboration and professional development, so we can grow and succeed collectively and as individuals. From applying your existing skills and developing new ones to on-the-job training, mentorship, and the guidance you need to thrive at the forefront of the healthcare industry, it’s no wonder phlebotomists have long-term, rewarding career paths here. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Patient Services Representative Patient Services Representative
- Sr. Patient Services Representative Sr. Patient Services Representative
- Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer
- Patient Services Supervisor Patient Services Supervisor
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Phlebotomist III Float - Winchester, VA - Monday-Friday Varied 7:00AM-7:00PM (Rotational Saturday)
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- 15 PTO days first year
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Variable compensation plan (AIP) bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Blueprint for Wellness
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
In a Phlebotomy float role we offer a variety in work where no two days will quite look the same. Diverse, dynamic work environment whereas a Phlebotomist floater you will be able to shift frequently to new patient centers and continually meet new people. We offer a robust total rewards package, along with the tools & support to learn, grow and advance in a Phlebotomy career. Join our community of Phlebotomists, where you will have a career that you can be proud of!
- Assigned a territory to cover phlebotomist duties within a Patient Service Center, doctor’s office, or as business needs dictate
- Draw quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams
- Enter billing information and collect payment when required
- Will be required to coach, mentor, instruct, and be a resource advisor for new employees, as well as be the point of contact to staff on site and provide regular input to the group lead or supervisor
- Travel to additional doctor’s office or Patient Service Center sites when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
- Five years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric and capillary collections.
- Minimum 3 years in a Patient Service Center environment preferred.
- Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.