Histotechnician I - Tampa,FL - Monday - Friday 10:00pm-6:30am
The Histotechnician I position is an entry level position for individuals with previous histology or other laboratory experience (i.e., laboratory assistant, cytology prep tech, etc.). The individual will receive on the job training to perform specific technical histology functions under the general supervision of a qualified histotechnicianII / histotechnologist or higher. This position can also be used for individuals who recently graduated a NACCLS accredited histotechnology program and have not obtained their ASCP certification.
- Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs limited activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Performs limited embedding and microtomy under direct supervision.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Graduates of a NAACLS accredited histotechnology program can perform special stains.
- Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens, including cytopreparation, staining, coverslipping, etc. after completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) specimens
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of non-complex equipment.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CMS and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Required Work Experience:
1 year of experience in a histology or related laboratory setting
Preferred Work Experience:
Previous experience as a histotechnician
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
Basic medical terminology
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Some College Courses
Current state licensure, if applicable(Required)
NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Phlebotomist I Seattle, Washington 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomy Supervisor Freedom, California 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist I Longview, Washington 03/21/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.