Tuesday-Saturday Day Shift
The base hourly wage range for this position is from $21.04 - $34.71. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives.
Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects – physical, financial, and developmental.
Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may include:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Supplemental Health Plans
401(k) Plan – Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
Blueprint for Wellness
Emotional Well-Being Resources
Paid time off / Health Time
Variable Compensation Plans
Sales Incentive Plans
The Histotechnician I position is an entry level position for individuals with previous histology or other laboratory experience (i.e., laboratory assistant, cytology prep tech, etc.). The individual will receive on the job training to perform specific technical histology functions under the general supervision of a qualified histotechnicianII / histotechnologist or higher. This position can also be used for individuals who recently graduated a NACCLS accredited histotechnology program and have not obtained their ASCP certification.
- Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, performs limited activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s)
- Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
- Performs limited embedding and microtomy under direct supervision.
- Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
- Graduates of a NAACLS accredited histotechnology program can perform special stains.
- Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens, including cytopreparation, staining, coverslipping, etc. after completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) specimens
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of non-complex equipment.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CMS and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Required Work Experience:
1 year of experience in a histology or related laboratory setting
Preferred Work Experience:
Previous experience as a histotechnician
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
Basic medical terminology
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Some College Courses
Current state licensure, if applicable(Required)
NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Histotechnologist I Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist III Float Keizer, Oregon 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist II - Float Modesto, California 03/21/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.