Manager, Infrastructure Services
This position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and integration of post-merger infrastructure in accordance with Quest standards. Close collaboration is required with several teams consisting of: the sellers’ business representatives, Quest M&A, Quest internal business units, and all Quest HTAS (IT) teams. A critical component of this role is the implementation of Quest infrastructure and security standards while supporting business objectives with minimal disruption.
This role will provide leadership to the virtual integration implementation team consisting of Quest HTAS members and seller IT staff. Duties include:
- Drive key tasks to completion in partnership with the integration project manager by taking accountability for infrastructure implementation.
- Report to integration project manager during team status calls on tasks, progress, problems, etc.
- Liaise between the integration team and other members in the Infrastructure HTAS organization. Use HTAS resources to solve problems during integration.
- Travel 10-15% of the time to acquired sites for implementation of technology, when necessary and depending on need, for varying lengths of days to week(s).
- Evaluate previous acquisitions for compliance with technology standards. Drive and facilitate non-confirming business units to the current standards.
BS in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
Required Work Experience:
5+ years of IT infrastructure experience
Preferred Work Experience:
3 years broad IT infrastructure experience in a medical reference laboratory setting
Strong understanding of reference lab business operations including ‘order to cash’ workflow.
High proficiency in IT Infrastructure fundamentals spanning multiple areas (Cloud, Server, Network, Storage, Backup, Monitoring, Database, ITSM)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, Power Point) and Visio.
- Strong customer facing skills including but not limited to communication and relationship building.
- Commitment to customer and employee satisfaction.
- Problem Management – technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management – understanding of general project management framework and process.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.