Director, Business Development
We Provide Solutions. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information, and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope. Our role is expanding even further with increasing collaboration with the biopharmaceutical industry with the advent of precision medicine. This Role will have an opportunity to lead our engagement and our business to support the transformation of healthcare.
In Sales, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Sales Teams are often the public face of our organization. As a result, we make every effort to support and develop their skills. Working across a strong customer base, you’ll find you have the flexibility and autonomy to structure your days while having the confidence that comes from promoting a well-recognized and trusted brand. With lots of opportunities for repeat business and referrals, we also offer outstanding support, plus great pay and benefits.
This role is ultimately accountable for generating profitable sales that further the growth of the Biopharmaceutical Solutions business that incorporates services, including new test development and sponsored testing programs for commercial. The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading and executing all sales and marketing activities for the defined area to drive business growth to increase revenues and profits. This includes leading the development of marketing collateral and a sales plan in collaboration with key stakeholders within the business.
Additionally, this role is responsible for all aspects of the sales process, including leading the development and implementation of best sales practices including the utilization of the company Customer Relationship Management system for all opportunities. This individual is also accountable for developing a sales pipeline, prospecting plan, proposal, and close strategy for each opportunity. As this role is a sales role with broad latitude to drive business growth, there will be a commission structure for this role that is related to sales targets.
• Developing and implementing annual sales plan
• Capturing all sales information within the Customer Relationship Management system.
• Developing and implementing a sales strategy that includes:
o Introductory Meetings
o Proposal Development
o Pricing Recommendations
o Closing Proposals
o Addressing and Presenting Change Orders
• Leading the management of assigned customer relationships.
• Market research and analysis and market intelligence to identify service gaps or market opportunities.
• Coordinates and collaborates with internal staff including technical directors, laboratory staff, quality and regulatory, etc. as necessary to support business development opportunities.
• Business Acumen
• Strategic Thinking
• Problem solving/analysis
• Financial Management
• Customer Relationship Management
• Fluency with modern CRM tools, internet, and other industry research tools
Experience and Education:
• BA/BS, plus 15 years of healthcare experience or equivalent education and experience
• Greater than 8 years of biopharmaceutical R&D and/or reference lab experience
Although the position is virtual, the BD Director is expected to travel significantly in support of identifying and developing new customers as well as managing ongoing customer relationships as appropriate. The BD Director will focus on NJ, NY, OH, IN, WI and MI.
For additional information on Quest Diagnostics' Pharma Solutions, please visit: https://www.questpharmasolutions.com/pharma/about-quest-pharma-solutions/
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Phlebotomist II - Float Mill Valley, California 03/22/2023
- Phlebotomist II Springfield, Oregon 03/22/2023
- Phlebotomist II Bend, Oregon 03/22/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.