Advanced Oncology Business Development Director
Secaucus, New Jersey
At a glance
There are Sales roles. And then there are Sales roles with Quest. After all, this is a place where your sales skills will help make a difference to healthcare for millions. Working to grow and maintain our business with new and existing customers across General Diagnostics and a variety of specialty areas from Oncology to Women’s Health and Cardiology, your talents will make more impact. And, no matter what you’re working on, your professional development will benefit. With countless opportunities to reach your future career goals through mentorship, team collaboration, and in-depth training, we’ll help you find success at Quest.
“Being a Quest Account Executive, being able to sell those tests that are underutilized, but then eventually benefit the practice and benefit those patients, is always a great way to end your day, knowing that you’ve helped other people and you’ve helped your community.”- Christopher D’Andrade, Women’s Health Account Executive
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
As part of our supportive and collaborative team, you will be inspired to develop and achieve your career aspirations. From comprehensive learning opportunities to skill-building activities, we invest in you–personally and professionally. And as a sales professional, there’s no one-size-fits all approach to success–you can forge a rewarding career path in several different ways. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Internal Account Management >Internal Account Management
- View Sales Account Executive Sales Account Executive
- Specialty Sales Specialty Sales
- Sales Leadership Sales Leadership
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
We Provide Solutions. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information, and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact, and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information, and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact, and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
The Business Development Director, Advanced Oncology Enterprise Solutions (BDD) reports into the Advanced Oncology Enterprise Solutions Executive Director. Their mission is to understand the overarching needs of these complex national organizations, help define novel business models, and design multi-disciplinary business solutions. The position will develop a strategic plan for cross-regional and cross-functional collaboration through Quest Advanced Oncology, Dermatology, Health Systems, clinical Commercial, Information Technology, and other Advanced Diagnostic Franchises as necessary. The BDDs will coordinate cross-functional teams and execute tactical plans to drive revenue and growth for Quest Advanced-Oncology. Productivity will be quantified by revenue growth and contractual business commitments, executed scopes of work, new business revenue streams, and stickiness through programs designed to increase attrition immunity.
This is a remote position with regular travel.
- The BBD will be responsible for creating strategic oncology partnership opportunities in the ideal market segments which will include but not limited to key National Oncology Groups, large academia, National Health Systems, and national/regional Private Equity/Venture Capital funded provider groups [i.e., Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Urology].
- Establish, maintain, and strengthen relationships including but not limited to c-suite of corporate oncology, pathology, multi-disciplinary health systems, academic cancer consortium, radiology, consolidating sub-specialty organizations (Derm/GI/Urology).
- Develop Mergers & Acquisitions complementary technology targets and opportunities consistent with Quest Advanced and Ameripath corporate strategies.
- Build, Develop, and Implement multi-modal solutions consistent with the holistic needs of ideal market segments which will include but not limited to key National Oncology Groups, large academia, National Health Systems, and national/regional Private Equity/Venture Capital funded provider groups [i.e., Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Urology].
- Build, Develop, and Implement routine and advanced laboratory reference laboratory solutions based on OCM, Value Based Care models, Accountable Care Organizations requirements.
- Creates access through EMR/pathway inclusion.
- Collaboration with Advanced Oncology Dx & Dermatology team for “bottoms up” demand and execution.
- Collaboration with all other Quest Diagnostic teams; Clinical, Cardio, Neuro, Enterprise, Women’s Health, HS to ensure multi-modal solutions are proposed and implemented, addressed and aligned to client needs.
- Adhere to established Business Acumen metrics; call metrics, pipeline sufficiency, productivity, and close metrics.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of successful oncology, diagnostic, precision medicine key account/strategic accounts sales, business development and high-level account management and solutions selling experience
- Contract & negotiation experience
Preferred Work Experience:
- B2B background with 5 years’ experience with complex Oncology customer organizations and/or health systems particularly with Pathology, academia, and Private Equity/Venture Capital funded Consolidators
- National account management and relationships with USON, ONE, AON, FCS, health system cancer centers and/or large regional/national Urology, GI, Derm physician practices.
- Precision oncology experience (diagnostics, pharma, imaging and/or lab)
- Urology/GI GU/Derm experience preferred.
- Product launch -EMR integration/interface experience
- Cross functional team/matrix experience
- Market access/marketing or project management experience a plus
- B2B solution selling experience preferred, Challenger sales model experience preferred
- Deep understanding of Pathology and Cancer Diagnostics, Germ-line and Somatic Genomics is critical.
- Functional understanding of Exome and Whole Genome, Transcriptome, Epigenome, Exosome, Proteomics.
- Entrepreneurial vision of the technological and market direction of Cancer detection, diagnostics, prognostics, and therapeutics.
- Oncology Diagnostics market knowledge including Urology, Gastroenterology, Urology and, Derm preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Master’s Degree Preferred
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Virtual work options
Quest Virtual Model allows eligible Quest employees to work either a hybrid schedule (two to three days from home per workweek), a near-site schedule (primarily from home with occasional work in a Quest office), or fully remote. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis with the employee’s manager and HR Business Partner.
Sales incentive plan
Uncapped incentive and 9-month new hire tiered incentive guarantee. Incentive is paid out quarterly.
Comprehensive sales training program and educational assistance offerings.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.