Director of Genetics (Biochemical and Molecular Genetics)
Pay Range: $170,000 - $200,000 / year
Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors
including relevant skills, training, experience, education,
and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and
organizational factors are also considered. Successful
candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance
We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs
to support employees and their families in living healthy,
happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed
to promote employee health in all respects – physical,
financial, and developmental. Depending on whether it is
a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits
offered may include:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Supplemental Health Plans
401(k) Plan – Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
Blueprint for Wellness
Emotional Well-Being Resources
Paid time off / Health Time
Variable Compensation Plans
Sales Incentive Plans
Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Director of Genetics (Biochemical and Molecular Genetics), remote:
The Director (Licensed) of Genetics (biochemical and molecular genetics) reports directly to the licensed Medical Director, R&D Molecular Genomics & Oncology - Biochemical Genetics Laboratory. In collaboration with other laboratory and R&D directors, Clinical Franchises, and Operations, the Genetics Director is responsible for aligning the Company’s Genetics and Genomics focusing on biochemical genetics and molecular genetics technical, regulatory, and operational strategies to maximize high-quality patient care and ensure continuous business growth throughout the enterprise.
The principal duties are operational, managerial, and technical oversight of biochemical and molecular genetics which include technical interpretation of test results, report sign-out, quality assurance and review of proficiency tests, consultations with physicians on technical aspects of assays, implementation of new or improved genetics assays, assay troubleshooting, technical support to operations’ staff, and review and approval of SOPs.
The Genetics Director may also serve as the backup for the Scientific and Medical Director under defined circumstances and assumes Clinical Consultant or Technical Supervisor responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director in R&D Molecular Genomics & Oncology.
This professional can work in a remote capacity.
Biochemical genetics laboratory 4 days a week
Molecular genetics laboratory 1 day a week
- Interpret results for of biochemical and molecular genetic testing.
- Technical consultation with operations staffs.
- Observe compliance with regulatory agencies, including inspections.
- Monitor quality assurance at all levels of practice.
- Ensure that the proficiency testing program is conducted in a timely manner, reviewed by appropriate staff, and approve of corrective action when a proficiency testing result is found to be unsatisfactory.
- Establish and monitor quality control to ensure that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained for each test system. Ensure that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
- Approve all corrective action and preventative action plans and procedure.
- Monitor compliance in regards to a safe working environment.
- Approve test method selection and validation.
- Assist in training of technical staff and other educational activities.
- Annually review/approve Standard Operating Procedures for test systems and life cycle management.
- Participate in research and development projects identified by the franchise and assigned by Medical Director, as aligned to experience and expertise.
- Coordinates with direct supervisor on expert advice to executive leadership and technical personnel regarding development technologies and activities.
- May participate in working groups of related or associated professional societies and regulatory agencies.
- Represent Quest Diagnostics at professional meetings and sales functions.
- Approve Job Assignments and Authorization Matrix (JAAM) and annual Performance and Development Review (PDR) to ensure that all personnel have the appropriate training and demonstrated performance for the type of testing offered.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MD, and/or Ph.D. or equivalent.
- Board certified in clinical biochemical genetics and laboratory genetics and genomics/clinical molecular genetics by the American Board of Medical Genetics or equivalent certification.
- California state limited clinical laboratory scientist license, as required by CA state.
- Preferred experience: At least 1 year of active clinical sign-out or related experience.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.