Biomedical Engineer Specialist
San Juan Capistrano, California
At a glance
Every day as a Quest career professional, you’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment with the latest cutting-edge technology. As a laboratory operations team member, you will play a key role in ensuring that the highest standards of quality, safety, and integrity are upheld while meeting the needs of our patients. And, you’ll be supported by a company committed to helping you grow a rewarding career through cross training and comprehensive learning opportunities.
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
With a world of opportunities in our supportive environment, you’ll take your career to the next level. From collaborating with senior leaders on meaningful work, to on-the-job training, we are committed to fostering your growth, so you can build a successful career. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Lab Associate Lab Associate
- Lab Technician Lab Technician
- Lab Technologist >Lab Technologist
- Lab Supervisor or Trainer Lab Supervisor or Trainer
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Biomedical Engineer Specialist | San Juan Capistrano, CA - Monday-Friday (Rotational Saturday)
Pay Range: $73,150 - $131,800 / year
Seeking experienced field service engineers!
Multiple positions available nationwide include CA, TX, VA, MA
Sign on Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available!
Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful
candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects – physical, financial, and developmental. Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may include:
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- 15 PTO days first year
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Variable compensation plan (AIP) bonus
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Blueprint for Wellness
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
The Biomedical Specialist is an on-site engineering position that is member of our growing Biomed team. Specifically, this expert level position will be working on robotic systems such as automated liquid handlers, (e.g., liquid handling robots). This role solves equipment problems quickly and efficiently using all resources available including personal knowledge and expertise, vendor advanced training, technical manuals, and schematics.
- • Considerable knowledge of electronic circuitry and technical aspects of the operation, repair, and maintenance of complex electromechanical equipment. Basic knowledge of instrument interface and communications.
• Provides preventive and corrective maintenance and maintains documentation of all service events, tests, and maintenance performed on clinical equipment.
• Ability to run diagnostic programs; ability to write diagnostic programs a plus
• Works to ensure instrumentation is up and functioning at all times to achieve production goals; provides status reports on a regular schedule
• Work closely with Biomedical Management coordinating departmental priorities, budgeting, setting goals and evaluating progress toward achieving department objectives.
• Act as a liaison to other service engineers or field service engineers.
• Determine priority of equipment repair or maintenance.
• Maintain an accurate parts inventory; and ensure all repairs are completed in a cost-efficient manner.
• Interact professionally and courteously with all levels of laboratory personnel when servicing and/or maintaining equipment.
• The Biomedical Specialist must be able to work independently, establish priorities and manage multiple projects.
• Train junior BMET’s on higher complexity repairs.
Preferred Work Experience:
Minimum 8 years of proven successful service experience on complex laboratory or medical instrumentation; or three years at an OEM as an FSE working directly on automated liquid handlers.
- The Biomedical Specialist must demonstrate responsibility of increasingly complex devices and systems and will be responsible for the proper operation, repair, and preventive maintenance carried out on all assigned equipment in the laboratory. Able to understand, interpret and implement instructions from technical manuals. Adheres to all company and industry accepted electrical, electronic and biological safety procedures while performing job duties.
- Electronics and engineering; robotics and programming a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills, independent thinker
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Bachelor's degree (strongly preferred)
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Manual dexterity adequate to handle small tools requiring intricate manipulations of small pieces in confined areas.
- Must be able to differentiate between color coded wires and interpret visual readouts. Must pass color blindness screening.
- Must be able to react to auditory warnings and messages.
- Will be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Will require prolonged period of standings in addition to bending, stooping, reaching & squatting.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.