Health Systems Business Director
Sacramento, California; San Francisco, California; Seattle, Washington
At a glance
There are Sales roles. And then there are Sales roles with Quest. After all, this is a place where your sales skills will help make a difference to healthcare for millions. Working to grow and maintain our business with new and existing customers across General Diagnostics and a variety of specialty areas from Oncology to Women’s Health and Cardiology, your talents will make more impact. And, no matter what you’re working on, your professional development will benefit. With countless opportunities to reach your future career goals through mentorship, team collaboration, and in-depth training, we’ll help you find success at Quest.
“Being a Quest Account Executive, being able to sell those tests that are underutilized, but then eventually benefit the practice and benefit those patients, is always a great way to end your day, knowing that you’ve helped other people and you’ve helped your community.”- Christopher D’Andrade, Women’s Health Account Executive
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
As part of our supportive and collaborative team, you will be inspired to develop and achieve your career aspirations. From comprehensive learning opportunities to skill-building activities, we invest in you–personally and professionally. And as a sales professional, there’s no one-size-fits all approach to success–you can forge a rewarding career path in several different ways. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Internal Account Management >Internal Account Management
- View Sales Account Executive Sales Account Executive
- Specialty Sales Specialty Sales
- Sales Leadership Sales Leadership
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
We Provide Solutions. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
In Sales, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Sales Teams are often the public face of our organization. As a result, we make every effort to support and develop their skills. Working across a strong customer base, you’ll find you have the flexibility and autonomy to structure your days while having the confidence that comes from promoting a well-recognized and trusted brand. With lots of opportunities for repeat business and referrals, we also offer outstanding support, plus great pay and benefits.
The Health Systems Business Director is an individual contributor role who develops strategies and executes plans to identify and close profitable growth opportunities in the West region. The Director creates effective relationships with c-suite personnel in hospitals, health plans, large physician practice groups, and other healthcare delivery systems.
This is a field-based sales role that covers Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
- Identifies opportunities for new business in healthcare delivery systems, such as Integrated Delivery Systems, Hospital Outreach, Accountable Care Organizations, and large group practices.
- Develops a strategy for assigned systems and for individual opportunities within each category for the region.
- Executes cross-functional strategic plans by bringing together the key people, processes, and functions to deliver unique solutions for these opportunities.
- Develop effective relationships with key personnel in targeted opportunities, including executives of large healthcare systems, to engage them in discussions about emerging healthcare delivery models and the role of Quest Diagnostics as a strategic business partner.
- Monitors and ensures customer satisfaction with ongoing services provided; develops proposals to enhance business relationships and to expand our service offering.
Accountabilities / Metrics:
- Achievement of quota and sales objectives
- Effectiveness of pipeline and forecasting
- Development and execution of strategic plans by category
- Effective collaboration with enabling functions
- Effectiveness of C-suite relationships
- Owns C-Suite relationship and growth strategy for assigned major/large accts.
- Delivers/leads Value Proposition discussions with C-Suite contacts in all assigned systems accounts
- Drives Growth through promotion and sales of Quest Informatics Offering
- 10+ years of successful sales experience in healthcare with B2B transactions preferred
- Experience working closely with and presenting to C-Suite
- Track record demonstrating strong closing skills and revenue growth
- Comfort working in a matrixed environment
- Hunter mentality is a must
Knows the healthcare industry (payors/providers) and general economics of business
Solid PC skills including Outlook, Excel, SalesForce.Com, SAVO
Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
The base salary range for this position is from $135,740-$221,430,plus a sales incentive plan. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered.
Benefits Information: We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives. Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects – physical, financial, and developmental. Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may include:
·Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
·Supplemental Health Plans
·401(k) Plan – Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
·Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
·Supplemental Life Insurance
·Dependent Life Insurance
·Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
·Blueprint for Wellness
·Emotional Well-Being Resources
·Paid time off / Health Time
·Variable Compensation Plans
·Sales Incentive Plans
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Virtual work options
Quest Virtual Model allows eligible Quest employees to work either a hybrid schedule (two to three days from home per workweek), a near-site schedule (primarily from home with occasional work in a Quest office), or fully remote. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis with the employee’s manager and HR Business Partner.
Sales incentive plan
Uncapped incentive and 9-month new hire tiered incentive guarantee. Incentive is paid out quarterly.
Comprehensive sales training program and educational assistance offerings.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.