Pompano Beach, Florida
At a glance
Every day as a Quest career professional, you’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment with the latest cutting-edge technology. As a laboratory operations team member, you will play a key role in ensuring that the highest standards of quality, safety, and integrity are upheld while meeting the needs of our patients. And, you’ll be supported by a company committed to helping you grow a rewarding career through cross training and comprehensive learning opportunities.
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
With a world of opportunities in our supportive environment, you’ll take your career to the next level. From collaborating with senior leaders on meaningful work, to on-the-job training, we are committed to fostering your growth, so you can build a successful career. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Lab Associate Lab Associate
- Lab Technician Lab Technician
- Lab Technologist >Lab Technologist
- Lab Supervisor or Trainer Lab Supervisor or Trainer
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
- Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnician I and II.
- Prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
- Obtain, verify and/or validate tissue used in special stains.
- Perform all special stain procedures, both manual and automated.
- May prepare solutions and reagents for IHC procedures.
- May obtain, verify and/or validate control material used in IHC procedures.
- May perform IHC testing.
- May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Non-Pathologist Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment and troubleshoot minor equipment failures. Document remedial actions such as repairs or repeated tests.
- Provide training and guidance to Histotechnicians, students and lab aides.
- Perform limited QA/QC functions and identify issues requiring troubleshooting.
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens, including cytopreparation, staining, coverslipping, etc. after completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) specimens
- Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies and document all quality control activities.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Required Work Experience:
- AS degree or equivalent training and experience
- HT (ASCP)
- 1-year Histology experience
- Current state licensure, if applicable
- Meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Policy for Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician and Histology Supervisor.
- If performing Immunohistochemistry testing, meet all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Immunohistochemistry Testing SOP.
Preferred Work Experience:
- BS degree
- HTL (ASCP)
- Graduate of a NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
- 3 years of histopathology experience
- Immunohistochemistry experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual tools and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of which demand significant manual dexterity
NAACLS accredited Histotechnology program
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.