Category Manager - Procurement, remote
This position manages a strategic product category in Quest Diagnostics Consumables, Collections, and Supplies (“CCS”) procurement portfolio. This position is responsible for managing “kitting suppliers” based in the United States. The position is responsible for management and negotiation of multimillion dollar kitting supplier purchase agreements supporting Quest Diagnostics. The successful candidate will be required to develop strategic sourcing partnerships with multiple kitting suppliers and connect these suppliers to Quest distributors to meet expanding demands for kitting products. Quest’s Kitting products can vary significantly in content, volume, cost, and complexity requiring a hands-on approach to oversee the portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with internal stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and oversee project plans. The Category Manager's primary responsibility is to utilize strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings, make effective supply base sourcing decisions and ensure Quest service and product quality requirements are met.
This professional can work 100% remote, however, must be located in the US.
- Develops and implements category management strategies for categories assigned in the CCS portfolio.
- Makes sourcing recommendations based on financial analysis, cost structure of categories, supplier’s alignment with Quest Diagnostics goals and strategies, and the supplier’s position in their industry in concert with its marketplace offerings.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of the kitting manufacturing landscape in terms of supplier base, new technologies, competitive environment, kitter automation, market trends and cost impactors.
- Develops strategic sourcing roadmaps with suppliers in support of company's future commercial needs.
- Negotiates supply agreements inclusive of pricing and contractual terms.
- Develops negotiation strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated objectives.
- Oversees sourcing project execution and collaborates with laboratory technical teams, supplier quality, and procurement engineering.
- Manages supplier relationships to include periodic commercial and quality reviews. Assures active and open communications with suppliers. Operates in an objective manner which fosters commercial benefits for Quest Diagnostics and also represents a fair and balanced relationship with suppliers.
- Influences franchise, operational, and other internal stakeholders to align on sourcing strategies and project requirements.
- Provides regular and consistent measurement reports to internal customers that bring visibility on category level compliance and savings contributions.
- Tracks forecasted savings versus actual savings for the assigned category and is responsible for communicating performance results against financial budgets. Performs category spend analytics across the Quest Diagnostics enterprise.
- Analyzes risks and benefits of future sourcing decisions and can clearly present proposals with this risk analysis.
- Monitor contracts for compliance, quality and business alignment.
- Acts as an escalation point if important commercial or quality problems occur with assigned suppliers; coordinates resolution of supplier performance issues.
Required Work Experience:
- Successful multi-year track record in a global procurement organization.
- 5-10 years of experience in sourcing / supplier / category management / materials management is preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience is considered a plus.
- Knowledge of supply management strategies and tools
- Comprehensive understanding of legal contract construction, and ongoing contract management expertise.
- History of developing successful negotiations strategies and delivering results.
- Ability to operate successfully in a large matrixed organization.
- Strong influencing and change management skills.
- Experience overseeing and directing multiple active sourcing projects in tandem.
- Present and advocate sourcing recommendations to a variety of audiences in different functions - inclusive of senior staff.
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Analytical, financial and strategic thinking.
- Passion for setting and meeting aggressive goals.
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, and proactive.
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Results driven / strong analytical capabilities / self-starter and independent worker.
- Capability and desire to advance to greater levels of organizational responsibility in the near term.
- Superior work ethic with unyielding integrity.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.