At a glance
At Quest, phlebotomists apply their expertise and our cutting-edge technology to deliver quality patient care in a safe and supportive environment. No matter your level or experience, every day is a chance to grow, contribute, and learn–all while carrying out meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our business. Here, you can begin a life-long career for an organization that spans across the nation. It really is a chance to collaborate with passionate, smart team members and blaze a career trail that reflects your unique abilities.
“The people that I work with is what keeps me here. We all work together as a team, and you don’t find that at most places. Also, helping people is what keeps me here because we have a big impact on their health.”- Jamie Moniello, Phlebotomist, Float
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
At Quest, we understand our combined ideas and passions are keys to our success–and to promoting a healthier world. That’s why we prioritize collaboration and professional development, so we can grow and succeed collectively and as individuals. From applying your existing skills and developing new ones to on-the-job training, mentorship, and the guidance you need to thrive at the forefront of the healthcare industry, it’s no wonder phlebotomists have long-term, rewarding career paths here. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Patient Services Representative Patient Services Representative
- Sr. Patient Services Representative Sr. Patient Services Representative
- Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer
- Patient Services Supervisor Patient Services Supervisor
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Phlebotomist II | Mcallen, TX
Monday to Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM and Rotational Weekends
**Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required – exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered if a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Represents the face of our company to patients who come to Quest Diagnostics, both as part of their health routine or for insights into life-defining health decisions. The PSR II draws quality blood samples from patients and prepares those specimens for lab testing while following established practices and procedures. The PSR II has direct contact with patients and creates an atmosphere of trust and confidence while explaining procedures to patients and drawing blood specimens in a skillful, safe and accurate manner. The PSR II will demonstrate Quest Leadership Behaviors while focusing on process excellence skills and sensitivity to confidentiality and accuracy to patient information. Successful applicants may be assigned to a doctor's office, a patient service center, in a house call environment, long-term care or as business needs dictate.
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
- 15 PTO days first year
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems, Client contact, and approved tools.
- Ability to navigate a computer and accurately enter data is a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Obtain identification and accurately enter billing information and collect payments when required, following corporate policies.
- Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, aliquoting, freezing and preparing for transport as required by test order.
- Perform all non-patient facing duties, including inventory, stock supplies, sanitizing, filing, answering phones and utilizing email as appropriate.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with compilation and submission of statistics and data when required.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete online and in person training courses timely.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]
Required Work Experience:
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: Medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
We’ve built a welcoming, inclusive workplace where people are inspired to learn, develop, and progress in their careers. There’s stability, so you can explore many career paths in one field. There’s flexibility, helping you to build a fulfilling life and rewarding career. There’s training and development to align your work with your business success. No wonder there’s more to discover at Quest.Learn more
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
- Rep, PS I (Phleb) Oakland, California 05/29/2023
- Rep, PS I (Phleb) Fremont, California 05/29/2023
- Technologist, Medical II Yakima, Washington 05/29/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.