Quest Diagnostics is seeking a talented and self-motivated software engineer. This individual will work as part of a small, agile team to design, implement and support labratory systems.
This is a hybrid opportunity. The position will require 2 or 3 days per week on site in our Marlborough, MA labratory.
- The primary responsibility of this role is the development and support of the .net based lab system (LIS) and supporting systems.
- Analyze the existing application code and design & develop the solution to improve/upgrade it to new platform.
- Work closely and collaboratively with geographically distributed team of engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Participate in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, & launching.
- This role will have close interactions with IT project managers, business analysts and test engineers, and will have direct communications with users and with key business stakeholders. The role will also involve interactions with other IT groups such as architecture, solutions design and the program management office. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are a requirement.
- Perform design and Code review activities with team.
- Develop and execute unit, systems integration, and user-acceptance test plans.
- Prepare and test Operations Instructions for developed programs and systems.
- Agile and waterfall methodologies are both used, depending on the project type. Small projects will be self-managed, with larger projects being run by a project manager.
- Provide unsolicited suggestions for enhancements of functional effectiveness and technical efficiencies.
- Raise long-term architecture issues within project.
- Proficient in developing accurate estimates & risk assessments. Track status within the project as necessary.Communicate team and project status to project manager and director.
- Communicate team and project status to project manager and director.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with an emphasis on application programming and systems analysis/development.
- 8 years of experience using .net, SQL server.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented (OO) design patterns, distributed databases, and data modeling techniques.
- Proficiency in VB.net, ASP.net, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, HTML4/5, CSS3, XML/XSLT, JQuery plus one or more modern programming languages
- Experience with DevSecOps, CI/CD pipeline with GitLab and Team Foundation server
- Familiar with persistence technology like NHibernate or Entity Framework
- Knowledge of REST and RPC APIs preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivation to drive tasks to completion and take ownership of projects.
- Healthcare software development experience. Experience with Lab system, HL7, FHIR would be preferred.
- Experience with Lab systems
- 21 CFR part 11 regulation and validation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of WCF Services, MVC, and AngularJS preferred.
- Full Stack web development experience
- Experience with Iguana integration platform or any integration engine is preferred.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.