Shipping & Receiving Clerk II
Shipping & Receiving Clerk II - Marlborough, MA - Monday through Friday
The shipping & Receiving Clerk II is responsible for shipping and routing of materials into and out of the Business Unit (BU), as well as the appropriate documentation and data entry.
- Receive, inspect, verify, process and route all materials into the facility and off-site facilities (remote sites) and enter the receipts in the Materials Management software system.
- Notify the Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies of materials versus shippers' documentation.
- Prepare shipments, including documentation, for outbound shipments.
- Manage in the Returned Goods process according to the Returned Goods SOP.
- Deliver stock to the appropriate staging area for departments.
- Put warehoused items in the designed storage areas and rotate stock according to receipt date and expiration dates to ensure proper stock rotation and use prior to expiration.
- Note any short-dated materials upon receipt (less than 30 days of shelf life) and report to the Warehouse Manager to determine any possible actions that may need to be taken.
- Assist in cycle count and full physical inventory.
- Comply with all applicable and current Materials and Services Management, Human Resources, Employee Health and Safety, OSHA, CLIA, etc. policies and procedures.
- Analyze current procedures in place and make recommendations for process improvements to the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist in order entry, picking, packing and delivery of both internal and external orders as needed.
- Assist in record storage and retrieval process as needed
- Assist in preparation, receipt and distribution of internal, inbound and external mail as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Work Experience:
Minimum of High School diploma or GED with one (1) year previous materials management experience
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry seventy (70) pounds.
- Ability to operate materials handling equipment as needed (forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, etc) or equivalent would be helpful, but not required
- Basic understanding of mathematics skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good record-keeping skills.
- Ability to operate a computer, printer and bar code scanner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle (non-commercial truck, van, car) as required.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Valid driver’s license(Required)
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Rep, PS I (Phleb) Oakland, California 05/29/2023
- Rep, PS I (Phleb) Fremont, California 05/29/2023
- Technologist, Medical II Yakima, Washington 05/29/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.