Executive Sales Director, Oncology - North/Northeast
White Plains, New York
At a glance
There are Sales roles. And then there are Sales roles with Quest. After all, this is a place where your sales skills will help make a difference to healthcare for millions. Working to grow and maintain our business with new and existing customers across General Diagnostics and a variety of specialty areas from Oncology to Women’s Health and Cardiology, your talents will make more impact. And, no matter what you’re working on, your professional development will benefit. With countless opportunities to reach your future career goals through mentorship, team collaboration, and in-depth training, we’ll help you find success at Quest.
“Being a Quest Account Executive, being able to sell those tests that are underutilized, but then eventually benefit the practice and benefit those patients, is always a great way to end your day, knowing that you’ve helped other people and you’ve helped your community.”- Christopher D’Andrade, Women’s Health Account Executive
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
As part of our supportive and collaborative team, you will be inspired to develop and achieve your career aspirations. From comprehensive learning opportunities to skill-building activities, we invest in you–personally and professionally. And as a sales professional, there’s no one-size-fits all approach to success–you can forge a rewarding career path in several different ways. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Internal Account Management >Internal Account Management
- View Sales Account Executive Sales Account Executive
- Specialty Sales Specialty Sales
- Sales Leadership Sales Leadership
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com)is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2022 revenues of $9.88 billion.
The Executive Sales Director (ESD) is responsible for leading a team of two sales directions and front-line sales representatives. S/He is responsible for execution of the commercial strategy for profitable growth in the North and Northeast regions for specialized sales leaders and representatives. The ESD will manage Sales Directors and Account Executives in the specialties of Oncology, Molecular Oncology, Pathology and Dermatopathology.
- Attains regional goals for Oncology channel by specialty
- Hires, trains and retains an effective sales team
- Coaches, motivates and develops sales talent
- Establishes regional action plans and market strategies
- Sets metrics and accountability standards to drive performance towards goals
- Manages and measures sales force performance and provide feedback to reps
- Incorporates district analytics and market intelligence into plans
- Facilitates problem solving and customer satisfaction
- Supports key account development and collaborate on large deals
- Provides input to regional marketing plans
- Owns functional strategic initiatives
- Collaborates with regional, Ameripath, and Esoteric lab operations for white glove service and solutions
- Collaborates with regional clinical and health system teams
- Five years sales management experience in healthcare environment, minimum of 3 years of oncology sales leadership
- Minimum of 3 years of Oncology precision medicine, biotech, lab, diagnostic sales experience
- Community Oncology and Health System account management experience
- Demonstrated success operating in a collaborative matrixed organization
- Experience in oncology market in precision medicine/diagnostics/lab/biotech or medical sales is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of oncology, precision medicine, and large account sales processes
- Molecular oncology and precision medicine
- Large account management and sales process
- Demonstrated success operating in a collaborative and effective manner in a matrixed organization
- Business acumen measures
- Ability to manage sales team with the following call points: Oncology, Dermatology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Pathology, Surgery
- Achievement of regional Oncology revenue budget
- Execution of sales strategy
- Large account management
- Client retention
- Price realization
- Selling costs to budget
- Sales force engagement, retention and development
- Business and financial acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required), MBA preferred
- Drive for results
- Communicates genuinely, openly, transparently
- Integrity and Emotional maturity
- Takes personal and team accountability
- Collaborates with others
- Accelerates and embraces change
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Virtual work options
Quest Virtual Model allows eligible Quest employees to work either a hybrid schedule (two to three days from home per workweek), a near-site schedule (primarily from home with occasional work in a Quest office), or fully remote. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis with the employee’s manager and HR Business Partner.
Sales incentive plan
Uncapped incentive and 9-month new hire tiered incentive guarantee. Incentive is paid out quarterly.
Comprehensive sales training program and educational assistance offerings.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.