The biomedical engineer summer internship program at Quest Diagnostics offers students the opportunity to gain experience in the diagnosis and repair of medical or similarly complex instrumentation utilizing knowledge of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics and process controls. Proper operation of equipment is essential to the achievement of Quest Diagnostic’s production and operational goals.
The intern will be working closely with biomedical engineers who are responsible for the proper operation, repair, and preventive maintenance carried out on all assigned equipment in the laboratory including microbiology, hematology, molecular diagnostics, immunology/serology, chemistry, and toxicology. Specifically, the BME provides immediate on-site service for continuous instrument operation during day time operations. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the calibration of equipment, inventory control, documentation of all service and on-call coverage.
- Manual dexterity adequate to handle small tools requiring intricate manipulations of small pieces in confined areas.
- Must be able to differentiate between color coded wires and interpret visual readouts.
- Must be able to react to auditory warnings and messages.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May require prolonged period of standings in addition to bending, stooping, reaching & squatting.
Program Eligibility & Qualifications:
To be eligible to participate in the Summer Lab Internship Program, students must meet the following qualifications by the start date of the program:
Be an Undergraduate student
Completed Sophomore Year in a four-year baccalaureate program focused on human biomedical science or electronics.
Completed a minimum of 48 credit hours from an accredited institution with a 3.0 or better overall GPA
Credit hours completed must include courses in Biology and Chemistry.
Documentation recruiter will ask for after application, please have prepared:
- Cover Letter, including the reason for applying and what the candidate is expecting to learn from the internship
- Transcripts from Registrar's office
- A Reference Letter from a college professor
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Phlebotomist I Seattle, Washington 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomy Supervisor Freedom, California 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist I Longview, Washington 03/21/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.