At a glance
Every day as a Quest career professional, you’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment with the latest cutting-edge technology. As a laboratory operations team member, you will play a key role in ensuring that the highest standards of quality, safety, and integrity are upheld while meeting the needs of our patients. And, you’ll be supported by a company committed to helping you grow a rewarding career through cross training and comprehensive learning opportunities.
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
With a world of opportunities in our supportive environment, you’ll take your career to the next level. From collaborating with senior leaders on meaningful work, to on-the-job training, we are committed to fostering your growth, so you can build a successful career. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Lab Associate Lab Associate
- Lab Technician Lab Technician
- Lab Technologist >Lab Technologist
- Lab Supervisor or Trainer Lab Supervisor or Trainer
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Cytopreparatory Technician II | Knoxville, TN - Monday through Friday 2pm - 10:30pm
Under general supervision, position is proficient in all of the functions required of the Cytopreparatory Technician I. They are directly responsible for decision making, interacting and reporting to the Cytology Prep Team Leader/Supervisor and/or Manager.
- All job accountabilities and duties required of the Cytopreparatory Technician I.
- Accessions and processes Gyn specimens for microscopic evaluation. This includes assigning accession numbers, Thin Prep Processing, running the stainers, changing reagents, and coverslipping.
- Responsible for assuring that all inventories are complete and appropriate supplies are ordered.
- Follows all local, business unit, and corporate safety policies and assures compliance of the Cytology Prep Lab.
- Responsible for the completion of all quality control, safety, and preventative maintenance logs on a daily basis.
- Trains new Cyto Prep techs in proper Cytopreparation techniques and accessioning procedures.
- Disposes and labels biohazard waste appropriately.
- Minimal Problem-solving.
- Maintains specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes of the department.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to collaborate with other departments, colleagues, and clients in problem-solving.
- Able to differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing and staining of specimens.
- Data entry skills.
- Must have great attention to details and the ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- 2 years of Anatomic Pathology experience preferred.
- Anatomic Pathology experience is desirable but not required.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Handling of specimens and supplies.
- Large amounts of standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and reaching. Lifts and carries objects up to 30 lbs.
- Work in a chemical environment.
- Risk of exposure to infectious materials and the possibility of injury due to chemicals.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Current state licensure, if applicable(Required)
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.