Business Development Director – In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD)
At a glance
There are Sales roles. And then there are Sales roles with Quest. After all, this is a place where your sales skills will help make a difference to healthcare for millions. Working to grow and maintain our business with new and existing customers across General Diagnostics and a variety of specialty areas from Oncology to Women’s Health and Cardiology, your talents will make more impact. And, no matter what you’re working on, your professional development will benefit. With countless opportunities to reach your future career goals through mentorship, team collaboration, and in-depth training, we’ll help you find success at Quest.
“Being a Quest Account Executive, being able to sell those tests that are underutilized, but then eventually benefit the practice and benefit those patients, is always a great way to end your day, knowing that you’ve helped other people and you’ve helped your community.”- Christopher D’Andrade, Women’s Health Account Executive
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
As part of our supportive and collaborative team, you will be inspired to develop and achieve your career aspirations. From comprehensive learning opportunities to skill-building activities, we invest in you–personally and professionally. And as a sales professional, there’s no one-size-fits all approach to success–you can forge a rewarding career path in several different ways. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Internal Account Management >Internal Account Management
- View Sales Account Executive Sales Account Executive
- Specialty Sales Specialty Sales
- Sales Leadership Sales Leadership
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Quest Diagnostics has proven expertise critical to the successful development, validation, and commercialization of in vitro diagnostics, and we share the commitment to scientific rigor, patient safety, and regulatory compliance. We work on diagnostic trials of every kind - regardless of size, population, setting, stage, or pathway. We serve as an extension of developments team to successfully execute on all phases of medical device and diagnostic trials.
The Business Development Director – In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) will be responsible for growing the commercial presence and success of our broad suite of diagnostics trails services. This position is responsible for generating specific project sales for the within a specific territory and set of accounts (device manufacturers, etc.). This is an individual contributor new business development/sales opportunity with regular travel.
- Partner with Business Leaders to drive sales with consultative selling approach that includes building trust/credibility with clients and partners, understand client context and business requirements, connecting client needs to our capabilities, and articulate the benefits of Quest Diagnostics IVD Services
- Prospect and establish new client relationships
- Write and present proposals and executive-level presentations
- Lead client communication and contract tracking throughout all phases of the sales process
- Perform sales responsibilities including solutions overview, pricing and proposal development, pipeline management, and leading client meetings
- Coordinate with delivery team to meet client needs and grow existing relationships
- Provide market feedback from clients and prospects on clinical informatics needs and work with operations team to refine existing solutions and design new ones
- Work with partners to qualify and promote capabilities to existing clients
- Cultivate client relationships to upsell accounts with new / additional services. Understand competitive threats and positioning
- Participate in marketing activities to drive awareness and strengthen brand for Quest capabilities
- Participate in strategic planning to grow IVD Services business
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years of market/program development, in the IVD services business
- Demonstrated experience writing proposals and closing deals with prospects and existing clients
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Hunter mentality a must
Preferred Work Experience:
- Working knowledge of Medical Device/IVD
- Experience selling diagnostics trials
Bachelor’s Degree Required
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Virtual work options
Quest Virtual Model allows eligible Quest employees to work either a hybrid schedule (two to three days from home per workweek), a near-site schedule (primarily from home with occasional work in a Quest office), or fully remote. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis with the employee’s manager and HR Business Partner.
Sales incentive plan
Uncapped incentive and 9-month new hire tiered incentive guarantee. Incentive is paid out quarterly.
Comprehensive sales training program and educational assistance offerings.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.