Anatomic Pathology Medical Director
Anatomic Pathology Medical Director – Irving, TX
AmeriPath, Inc., a Quest Diagnostics subsidiary, is a leading national provider of anatomic pathology, molecular diagnostic and healthcare information services for the detection, diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of cancer and other medical conditions. AmeriPath has over 400 highly trained, board-certified pathologists and Ph.D. level scientists providing services to physicians, hospitals, clinical laboratories and ambulatory surgery centers across the United States.
Our Irving, TX laboratory is seeking a full time Anatomic Pathology Medical Director to become part of a team of 10 pathologists sitting onsite. We are searching for Pathologists who are AP/CP Certified and bring experience in surgical pathology to help with a healthy case mix that includes Breast, GU, GI, GYN and Cytopathology. Candidates who have interest/expertise in immuno-histochemistry are encouraged to apply.
- Performs diagnostic interpretation of biopsy and/or cytology material
- Diagnosis to include: gross and microscopic evaluation, dictation, and electronic release of reviewed cases
- Participate as an active medical member of the department with substantial diagnostic case responsibilities
- Participate in client visits, peer consults, and continuing education
- Responsible for quality control and assurance of the Anatomic Pathology Laboratory
- Doctor of Medicine
- At least 5 years of prior experience in an inpatient and/or outpatient laboratory setting
- Board Certification Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Active unrestricted medical licensure for TX
- Fulfill the responsibilities as listed in CLIA '88
- Occasional travel to meet clients may be required
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
Irving, TX is a suburb of Dallas and our lab is within 3 miles of the DFW Airport. The DFW area offers access to good school districts, sports, parks, museums and cultural activities.
Inquiries can be directed to:
Kristyn.L.Stuiso@QuestDiagnostics.com – Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Medical
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.