At a glance
Every day as a Quest career professional, you’ll work in a dynamic, collaborative environment with the latest cutting-edge technology. As a laboratory operations team member, you will play a key role in ensuring that the highest standards of quality, safety, and integrity are upheld while meeting the needs of our patients. And, you’ll be supported by a company committed to helping you grow a rewarding career through cross training and comprehensive learning opportunities.
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
With a world of opportunities in our supportive environment, you’ll take your career to the next level. From collaborating with senior leaders on meaningful work, to on-the-job training, we are committed to fostering your growth, so you can build a successful career. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Lab Associate Lab Associate
- Lab Technician Lab Technician
- Lab Technologist >Lab Technologist
- Lab Supervisor or Trainer Lab Supervisor or Trainer
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Cytotechnologist - M-F 7:00am - 3:30pm
** $7,500 Sign on Bonus! (External Candidates) **
Under general supervision, examine microscopically and interpret gynecologic and non-gynecologic slides for infectious, reactive/reparative and abnormal cells. Refer appropriate cases for hierarchical review.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of results. Refer to supervisor/manager and document corrective action taken.
- Fulfill the responsibilities as listed in CLIA (CFR 493.1485):
- >Document interpretation results of each specimen examined or reviewed.
- >For each 24-hour period, document the total number of slides examined or reviewed in the laboratory as well as the total number of slides examined or reviewed in any other laboratory or for any other employer.
- >Document the number of hours spent examining slides in each 24-hour period.
- Maintain and provide evidence of all required qualifications including ASCP, state licenses and liquid-based cytology certification, as applicable.
- Maintain familiarity with CLIA regulations, as applicable to cytology.
- Maintain specimen integrity and patient identification of all samples examined.
- Enter and/or report results into the laboratory information system, as applicable.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient test results in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Adhere to and document required quality control activities.
- Comply with all corporate, safety, quality control and quality assurance standards.
- Comply with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations
- Participate successfully in required training and competency assessment.
- Participate successfully in a CMS approved proficiency-testing program annually, as applicable.
- Acquire and document required number of continuing education hours annually.
- Perform other duties as assigned, (e.g., specimen processing, data entry) to include performing and documenting quality control rescreening, if qualified under CFR 493.1469
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
Current state licensure, if applicable(Required)
Liquid-based cytology training/certification (ThinPrep and/or Surepath)
Meet ASCP requirements for Cytotechnologist (if not certified prior to employment, must pass ASCP registry within one year of start date). (Required)
Meet CLIA requirements (CFR.493.1483). (Required)
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.