Internal Account Manager, Central Pennsylvania
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; State College, Pennsylvania; Pottstown, Pennsylvania
At a glance
There are Sales roles. And then there are Sales roles with Quest. After all, this is a place where your sales skills will help make a difference to healthcare for millions. Working to grow and maintain our business with new and existing customers across General Diagnostics and a variety of specialty areas from Oncology to Women’s Health and Cardiology, your talents will make more impact. And, no matter what you’re working on, your professional development will benefit. With countless opportunities to reach your future career goals through mentorship, team collaboration, and in-depth training, we’ll help you find success at Quest.
“Being a Quest Account Executive, being able to sell those tests that are underutilized, but then eventually benefit the practice and benefit those patients, is always a great way to end your day, knowing that you’ve helped other people and you’ve helped your community.”- Christopher D’Andrade, Women’s Health Account Executive
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
As part of our supportive and collaborative team, you will be inspired to develop and achieve your career aspirations. From comprehensive learning opportunities to skill-building activities, we invest in you–personally and professionally. And as a sales professional, there’s no one-size-fits all approach to success–you can forge a rewarding career path in several different ways. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Internal Account Management >Internal Account Management
- View Sales Account Executive Sales Account Executive
- Specialty Sales Specialty Sales
- Sales Leadership Sales Leadership
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
At Quest, our Sales Teams are often the public face of our organization. As a result, we make every effort to support and develop their skills. Working across a strong customer base, you’ll find you have the flexibility and autonomy to structure your days while having the confidence that comes from promoting a well-recognized and trusted brand. With lots of opportunities for repeat business and referrals, we also offer outstanding support, plus great pay and benefits.
TheInternal Account Manager(IAM) will be responsible for lead generation, upsells, and total attainment of laboratory diagnostic services to accounts within an assigned territory through telesales as well as in-person visits. IAMs will be aligned with specific Account Executives (AE) who will partner with them in growing the business. The IAM’s book of business typically consists of accounts with up to $3,000 monthly revenue.
- Develop and implement sales plan to target accounts for growth in line with regional market strategy.
- Manage account inquiries in a manner to minimize account attrition and negative volume variance.
- Assist field sales staff by prospecting new business opportunities and evaluating potential growth opportunities of existing clients.
- Analyze targeted accounts and develop recommendations to acquire their business through information collection, marketing initiatives, sales call cycle, etc.
- Drive sales through pre-call planning, post-call analysis and follow-up.
- Analyze the utilization/profitability of existing accounts, then develop and execute action plans to increase these returns.
- Educate customers on all new products and services through telemarketing.
- Implement Integrity Selling on all sales calls; engage the Why Quest messaging
- Maintain a breadth of knowledge of all connectivity products and solutions (i.e. Care 360, EMR interfaces, QDRS)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of tests and services provided by competitors and utilize this information to solidify or enhance Quest Diagnostics’ market position.
- Field travel to build stronger relationships, develop sales/service acumen and close select leads with AEs
- Cover Open Territories as assigned by manager.
- Utilize SalesForce.com and complete all administrative tasks on time.
- Ensure total compliance with all company policies and government regulations.
- Manage other projects/responsibilities as assigned by manager.
• Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Business, Marketing, or the Life Sciences.
• Some sales experience preferred
• Demonstrated solid communication skills, both oral and written
• PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Software
This position is remote. The ideal candidate will reside in Central Pennsylvania, as fieldwork is occasionally needed.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Virtual work options
Quest Virtual Model allows eligible Quest employees to work either a hybrid schedule (two to three days from home per workweek), a near-site schedule (primarily from home with occasional work in a Quest office), or fully remote. Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis with the employee’s manager and HR Business Partner.
Sales incentive plan
Uncapped incentive and 9-month new hire tiered incentive guarantee. Incentive is paid out quarterly.
Comprehensive sales training program and educational assistance offerings.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.