Pathologists Assistant - Greensboro,NC - Sunday-Thursday
The pathologist assistant position is intended for individuals with appropriate education and training in surgical pathology. The individual in this position will be capable of performing all routine functions in the surgical pathology area, including some escalated issues and troubleshooting quality issues. The individual will be responsible conducting gross examinations of surgical pathology specimens under appropriate supervision.
- Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of surgical specimens for Histologic processing, according to policies and procedures.
- Assure appropriate specimen accessioning and labeling; maintain the integrity of the specimen and patient identification.
- Describe gross anatomic features of routine and non-routine (complex) surgical specimens, ensuring that all lesions, markings and sutures are mentioned.
- Capable of grossing high complexity specimens under direct and indirect supervision, as applicable to training and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to handle broader range of specimens with indirect supervision.
- Escalates more complex/unusual specimens to Exempt Pathologist’s Assistant or Pathologist.
- Record measurements, weight, volume and any abnormal findings as applicable.
- Dissect surgical specimens and prepare tissues for histologic processing.
- May oversee performance of Grossing Technicians
- May provide training to Grossing Technicians
- Perform specimen preparation on non-gynecological specimens, including cytopreparation, staining, coverslipping, etc. after completing training on non-gynecological specimen types. This includes specimen preparation of Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) specimens
- Complete all associated paperwork.
- Follow the laboratory’s applicable procedures for job-related responsibilities.
- Interact directly with pathologists regarding gross dissection/description activities, including defined specimen types that require direct supervision by a pathologist.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify the histology supervisor/manager, technical supervisor, or director.
- Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Comply with all required Quest Diagnostics corporate continuing education requirements.
- Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
1 year of surgical gross experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time
Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Non-Pathologist Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP and 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489.
Current state licensure, if applicable(Required)
NAACLS approved Pathologist Assistant training program
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Histotechnologist I Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist III Float Keizer, Oregon 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist II - Float Modesto, California 03/21/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.