Specimen Technician II
Specimen Technician II (P/T) - Everett, WA - Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm (Rotational Saturday)
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
The base hourly wage range for this position is from $20.30-$22.30. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, certifications obtained.
Market and organizational factors are also considered. Successful candidates may be eligible to receive annual performance bonus compensation.
Benefits Information: We are proud to offer best-in-class benefits and programs to support employees and their families in living healthy, happy lives.
Our pay and benefit plans have been designed to promote employee health in all respects – physical, financial, and developmental.
Depending on whether it is a part-time or full-time position, some of the benefits offered may include:
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Supplemental Health Plans
401(k) Plan – Company match dollar-for-dollar up to 5%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance
Short- and Long-Term Disability buy-up
Blueprint for Wellness
Emotional Well-Being Resources
Paid time off / Health Time
Variable Compensation Plans
Sales Incentive Plans
- Responsible for all responsibilities of the Specimen Preparation Assistant.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the SPT and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolves them.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services.
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines.
- Learns additional functions within Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems.
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to enter 6000 keystrokes/hour.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
“I love working here because Quest has been my second family and second home. I've experienced a wholesome work environment, and good management.”- Quest Employee
- Phlebotomist I Seattle, Washington 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomy Supervisor Freedom, California 03/21/2023
- Phlebotomist I Longview, Washington 03/21/2023
No jobs have been viewed recently.
No jobs have been saved.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.