Rep, PS II (Phleb)
Edison, New Jersey
At a glance
At Quest, phlebotomists apply their expertise and our cutting-edge technology to deliver quality patient care in a safe and supportive environment. No matter your level or experience, every day is a chance to grow, contribute, and learn–all while carrying out meaningful work that makes a positive impact on our business. Here, you can begin a life-long career for an organization that spans across the nation. It really is a chance to collaborate with passionate, smart team members and blaze a career trail that reflects your unique abilities.
“The people that I work with is what keeps me here. We all work together as a team, and you don’t find that at most places. Also, helping people is what keeps me here because we have a big impact on their health.”- Jamie Moniello, Phlebotomist, Float
What makes a successful candidate? See if you have what it takes.
See how your career can grow
At Quest, we understand our combined ideas and passions are keys to our success–and to promoting a healthier world. That’s why we prioritize collaboration and professional development, so we can grow and succeed collectively and as individuals. From applying your existing skills and developing new ones to on-the-job training, mentorship, and the guidance you need to thrive at the forefront of the healthcare industry, it’s no wonder phlebotomists have long-term, rewarding career paths here. Here is just one example of a career path you can take.
- Patient Services Representative Patient Services Representative
- Sr. Patient Services Representative Sr. Patient Services Representative
- Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer Patient Services Group Lead or Trainer
- Patient Services Supervisor Patient Services Supervisor
- Additional Advancement Opportunities Additional Advancement Opportunities
$2,500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates!
Phlebotomist II | Saint Paul, MN
Monday to Friday (Rotational Weekends)
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT
- 15 PTO days first year
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
Job Accountabilities (Responsibilities)
- Collect specimens according to established procedures. This includes, but not limited to: drug screens, biometric screening and insurance exams.
- Administer oral solutions according to established training.
- Research test/client information and confirm and verify all written and electronic orders by utilizing lab technology systems, Client contact, and approved tools.
- Ability to navigate a computer and accurately enter data is a requirement to be successful in this role.
- Obtain identification and accurately enter billing information and collect payments when required, following corporate policies.
- Processing specimens including: labeling, centrifuging, aliquoting, freezing and preparing for transport as required by test order.
- Perform all non-patient facing duties, including inventory, stock supplies, sanitizing, filing, answering phones and utilizing email as appropriate.
- Read, understand and comply with departmental policies, protocols and procedures.
- Assist with compilation and submission of statistics and data when required.
- Maintain all appropriate phlebotomy logs in a timely manner and based on frequency, such as maintenance logs and temperature logs.
- Complete online and in person training courses timely.
Required Work Experience:
- Three years phlebotomy experience required, inclusive of pediatric, geriatric, and capillary collections.
- Keyboard/data entry experience.
- Flexible and available based on staffing needs, which includes weekends, holidays, on-call and overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and clean driving record, if applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Medical training: Medical assistant or paramedic training preferred.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California, Nevada, and Washington.
While we appreciate and value our staffing partners, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.Quest will not be responsible for paying agency fees for any individual as to whom an agency has sent an unsolicited resume.
We’re committed to helping our people live a healthier lifestyle. One way we do this is by offering a comprehensive total rewards package, so you can take care of yourself and the ones you love. Find out how our benefits provide you with everything you need to thrive—now and in the future.
Medical, supplemental health, dental, and vision
From medical, dental, and vision coverage plans designed to meet your needs, to supplemental health plans for an additional layer of financial protection, you can rest assured that your health is high on our agenda.
Annual incentive plans
All eligible employees are invited to participate in our success in our annual incentive bonus plan payout.
You’re eligible to join the Quest Diagnostics 401(k) Plan on your date of hire. The company will match up to 5% of your annual salary.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is to recruit, hire and promote qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by state or local law. Quest Diagnostics observes minimum age requirements established by federal, state and/or local laws, and will ask an applicant for verification when deemed necessary.